DOH Caraga reports 2nd confirmed COVID-19 case
BUTUAN CITY, April 19 –- The Department of Health (DOH) Caraga confirmed Friday the second positive case for COVID-19 in the region. The tagged CA PUI 51, 65-year-old, male, Filipino from Butuan City, with no pre-existing medical condition and is currently admitted at Caraga Regional Hospital has revealed a Positive result in its follow-up test for the viral disease.
The said patient has no history of travel; however, he had close contact with a relative who went to Davao for the Araw ng Dabaw six-cock Derby in New Davao Matina Gallera last month. At present, the patient’s condition is currently guarded with oxygen support but with signs of improvement. Further contact tracing of the patient’s close contacts is on-going.
“We would like to reiterate to the public to stay at home and only go out from your houses when necessary. If ever you will feel signs and symptoms related to COVID-19, have close contacts to the known positive case or have traveled to areas with local transmission, then please coordinate accordingly to your health response teams or call our hotline numbers,” DOH Caraga Regional Director Jose R. Llacuna, Jr. said.
Meanwhile, the city government of Butuan has already conducted Rapid Antibody Testing. Positive samples were forwarded to the Regional Epidemiology and Surveillance Unit (RESU) of DOH Caraga subject for RT-PCR confirmatory test at Southern Philippines Medical Center (SPMC) in Davao City. A total of 19 samples were sent for confirmation in which 13 tested Negative. There are still samples with pending lab results.
“Let us be responsible citizens and follow the advisories set by the DOH and the local government units. By working together and by abiding to the laws, we will beat COVID-19,” Dr. Llacuna concluded. (DOH Caraga/PIA Caraga)