DOH confirms 2nd COVID-19 case in NVizcaya
BAMBANG, Nueva Vizcaya, March 29 (PIA) – Department of Health (DOH) – Cagayan Valley Center for Health and Development OIC Director III Dr. Leticia Cabrera has confirmed the second COVID-19 case in the province today, March 29.
Cabrera said the second COVID-19 cases in Nueva Vizcaya is patient PH1261 who is a male nurse from Bayombong town.
For his part, Dr. Edwin Galapon, provincial health officer and head of the Provincial COVID-19 Task Force said the newest patient who is now in stable condition at the Region 2 Trauma and Medical Center(R2TMC) isolation room earlier attended to patients tagged as Persons Under Investigation (PUIs) inside the hospital.
“We now have a local transmission of the COVID-19 and we are encouraging everyone to stay in their homes to avoid being infected,” Galapon said.
Last week, the first COVID-19 fatality was also confirmed by the DOH officials as patient PH774 from Solano town.
The 65-year old male earlier attended a wake in their barangay with visitors who just came from Hongkong.
He was admitted at the R2TMC in March 19 with Acute Respiratory Infection but died 2 days later. His COVID-19 confirmation from the Research Institute for Tropical Medicine (RITM) was learned 4 days after his death.
Local health officials are now conducting contact tracing procedures for the implementation and enforcement of necessary health protocols. (MDCT/BME/PIA 2-Nueva Vizcaya)